Managing Director of Ocean Assets - Blue Impact Initiative
D. Michael Adams founded the non-profit Ocean Assets Institute (OAI) in 2016to help finance solutions for sustainable maritime industries, healthy oceansand coastal resilience. Since then, he has been active with mandates from:
● Asian Development Bank, UNEP-UNDP (2022-Present): Launchingthe BlueImpact Platform to attract private investment to impactfulenterprises in the blue economy of developing Asia-Pacific.
● Asian Development Bank, UNEP-UNDP, 2020-21: Author of the BlueEconomy Knowledge Product to guide financiers of the blue economy,under ADB’s $5bn commitment with the Healthy Ocean Action Plan.
● UNEP-FI, 2021: Author of Guidance Papers for Financiers of Shippingand Ports, under the Sustainable Blue Economy Finance Principles,published in Turning the Tide, for financial institutions worldwide.
● EU Atlantic Ports Accelerator Program, 2021-Present: Member ofcore team to establish and grow maritime accelerators for EU ports onthe Atlantic Ocean.
● Pacific Ocean Finance Program, 2019: Study of blue economy andclimate finance options in bond markets for 11 Pacific island nations.
● EU BlueInvest, 2018: Member of team that established this successfulplatform to finance sustainable European maritime enterprises.
● Climate Bonds Initiative - Marine Assets, 2016-2020: TechnicalWorking Group to prepare standards for green bond issuance in MarineEnergy, Seafood and Shipping.